[Taxacom] APG III genus list

Jenkins, Philip D - (pjenkins) pjenkins at email.arizona.edu
Fri Sep 2 20:09:14 CDT 2011

Hi,Tom, Phil here,

I know that Our Herb has switched to the APGIII order of things, right or worng. We had the confinence that APG's order might be close, if not exactly, the arrangement. We thught it close enough that we believed no huge exceptions occur in the future . No huge shuffles, in practilicality. We may be wrong or OK, to some degree that we kind of believe that the molecular botanists are on some kind of lasting trail. But who knows?

We have embraced the molecular results, yet we may be terribly wrong. We arranged our collection to a place that is a combinaton of Molecular Thought , and added to it our own instincts
about Botanical order. In reality. our system may or may not be correct. We have embraced it in our own preceptions. We believe that the old bunch ought to be not monophyletic. Our new order embraces the last version of APG III. Are we correct in doing so, who the hell knows.

So Tom, have you ever encountered a women's writing, Instinct versus Science vs. Instinct? If you are interested, I will send you her thoughts. on one item, she thinks there are fish Exist, despite the contrary

Best from me,
Phil, ARIZ