[Taxacom] labeling redescriptions properly

Stephen Thorpe stephen_thorpe at yahoo.co.nz
Thu Sep 8 20:01:09 CDT 2011

actually, you are all wrong! The term 'sensu' is taxonomic, not nomenclatural, and has nothing to do with name usage in the sense we are discussing ...

NAME sensu PERSON means the name used in the sense of the taxonomic concept associated with this NAME by PERSON

remember that the type of NAME doesn't define the taxonomic concept, due largely to lumping/splitting ...

Stephen