[Taxacom] Peter Sneath

Richard Jensen rjensen at saintmarys.edu
Tue Sep 13 11:59:31 CDT 2011

Chris Thomson wrote :

"We will miss Peter ..."

Yes, we will.  Peter had a keen mind and quick wit, combined with
willingness to respond thoughtfully to his critics.  When I first met
him (I was a new Ph.D. with little experience) he made me feel most
comfortable and we were immediately able to strike up conversations on a
variety of subjects, not just our interest in numerical taxonomy  (sensu
lato).  His talks and addresses at the NT meetings were delightful and
filled with insight.

I am deeply saddened to learn of his passing.

Sincerely,

Dick Jensen