[Taxacom] Electronic publications in Botany - changes done in Melbourne at IBC

Piero Delprete piero.delprete at ird.fr
Wed Sep 14 13:13:54 CDT 2011

Dear taxacomers,

the code will soon accept electronic publications starting from january
2012. With this, I am concerned about two related things:

1. What will the rule and/or institution in charge of establishing the
excact date of publication in electronic publications? If I send a message
with a new species description to ten collegues and tell them to print it,
will this count at valid publication?

2. The diagnosis will be accepted also in English. As many diagnoses are
short species descriptions, does this mean that if the species description
is English, a diagnosis will not be necessary?

Kindest Regards,
Piero

Piero G. Delprete - Herbier de Guyane,  IRD - UMR AMAP, Boite Postale 165,
97323 Cayenne Cedex, Guyane Francaise (French Guiana), France - Tel. +33
0594297250 - Fax +33 0594307315 - http://www.cayenne.ird.fr/aublet2