[Taxacom] A small nomenclatural detail?

Tony.Rees at csiro.au Tony.Rees at csiro.au
Wed Sep 14 18:36:05 CDT 2011

So Paul, if I understand you correctly, elsewhere in Botany the sense you are describing would correctly be conveyed by:

  Prunus dulcis Mill. ex D.A. Webb   - expressing that Webb's work is the first valid publication of Miller's name, previously not validly published

On the other hand if the intention was simply to refer to a new combination (change in genus placement) or change of rank, Prunus dulcis (Mill.) D.A. Webb would be the correct orthography (probably what is intended here).

Regards - Tony