[Taxacom] very nice opinion article in today's Zootaxa

Karl Magnacca kmagnacca at wesleyan.edu
Mon Sep 19 15:57:11 CDT 2011

On Mon, September 19, 2011 10:37 am, James Whitfield wrote:
> Hi Karl,
>
> I think there IS usually a barcoding gap, but the problem is that it
> is group-specific, as Janzen has been saying for years.  Percent
> formulas are not where it's at!

True, but as Isaac Asimov said, of course there are exceptions!
Even within groups there are often one or a few species pairs that
have either unusually high intraspecific or low interspecific
differences.  Judging from the distance to the next-closest species,
I'm guessing that the two Polyctor species are an example of this.

Karl