[Taxacom] ZooBank Policy on free registration by authors for public review

Frank.Krell at dmns.org Frank.Krell at dmns.org
Sat Sep 24 18:56:17 CDT 2011

All:

This time we post a very short ZooBank Policy for public review that determines that registration of content in ZooBank by authors is free of charge. The policy is copied directly into the body of this mail. According to our procedures, we have to post it for public review for one month even if we do not expect it to be complicated or controversial. If the public review reveals that this policy is acceptable, we will propose it to the ICZN for ratification.

This policy is not any sort of business plan for ZooBank, but it will, if ratified, have to be considered by the business plan.

The policy will soon be posted at http://iczn.org/zoobank/policies, where comments can be posted. You can also send your comments to this listserver or to frank.krell at dmns.org<mailto:frank.krell at dmns.org> directly.

Please remember that the policy on substitute names is up for public review until 3 October. That policy is posted at http://iczn.org/content/zoobank-policy-002-substitute-names-draft-public-review-until-3-october-2011. You can post your comments there, to this list of to frank.krell at dmns.org<mailto:frank.krell at dmns.org>.

Thanks for your help with getting ZooBank right!

for the ZooBank Committee:
Frank Krell, Chair

ZooBank Policy
Title: Fees for ZooBank Registration by authors

Author(s): Frank-T. Krell
Number:
Effective Date:
Ratification Date:

I. PURPOSE

This policy establishes free registration of any kind for authors.

II. POLICY:

Registration of content in ZooBank by authors is free of charge.

Procedures:

n/a

Dr. Frank-T. Krell
Curator of Entomology
Chair, ICZN ZooBank Committee
Department of Zoology
Denver Museum of Nature & Science
2001 Colorado Boulevard
Denver, CO 80205-5798 USA
Frank.Krell at dmns.org<mailto:Frank.Krell at dmns.org>
Phone: (+1) (303) 370-8244
Fax: (+1) (303) 331-6492
lab page: http://www.dmns.org/krell-lab

The Denver Museum of Nature & Science aspires to create a community of critical thinkers who understand the lessons of the past and act as responsible stewards of the future.