[Taxacom] Looking for specimen/s of Oecanthus allardi from the West Indies

Nancy Collins ycnancy2k at hotmail.com
Fri Sep 30 23:30:21 CDT 2011

Hello to All, I encountered an Oecanthus species in Nicaragua -- which may or may not be O. allardi.  Although it is not known outside of the West Indies, I suspect this Nicaraguan species may in fact be O. allardi.  Having a West Indies specimen (fresh or preserved in ETOH) will permit me to get the DNA analyzed and compare it to the Nicaraguan sequencing. Thank you. Song of Oecanthus allardi:  http://macaulaylibrary.org/audio/114402

Nancy