[Taxacom] print on demand publishers -ICZN implications

Stephen Thorpe stephen_thorpe at yahoo.co.nz
Mon Apr 2 18:06:34 CDT 2012

>To state the problem better, how does one tell the difference between mere print on demand and valid publication?<

It is one of those problems which rarely, if ever, actually arises, and is probably designed to invalidate just declared cases of print on demand, but assume good faith if valid publication is being claimed by the publisher, or even if nothing is claimed either way  ...
In practice, we simply have to trust that even the likes of Zootaxa and ZooKeys are actually printing runs, on the stated publication date, in advance of orders ...

Stephen