[Taxacom] BHL and print on demand publishers: interpretation of law

Stephen Thorpe stephen_thorpe at yahoo.co.nz
Mon Apr 2 21:00:43 CDT 2012

>Who won? Who lost? Which ideals have been advanced? Which ideals have been hindered?<

as always in real life, it is not that simple. A "win" at one level can be a "loss" at a higher level. A triumph of justice in one instance can be manipulated by others to attack justice in another instance. "Wins" and "losses" need to be looked at in overall context. If the price we must pay for freedom and justice is that we don't get some publications for free, then so be it. Publishers who "spit the dummy" at others profiting from stuff they are giving away free are likely to be control freaks in other ways too. The world is full of fine lines and slippery slopes ...

Stephen