[Taxacom] conservation

Stephen Thorpe stephen_thorpe at yahoo.co.nz
Thu Apr 26 22:51:12 CDT 2012

an alternative strategy is to conserve habitats/ecosystems, based on their overall biodiversity, rather than try to prioritise particular taxa. The only losers in this case would be threatened phylogenetically isolated taxa in not very diverse habitats ... I'm not sure off hand if there would be many of these? Still, probably a mixture of both strategies would be better still ...

Stephen