[Taxacom] Conservation

Paul van Rijckevorsel dipteryx at freeler.nl
Fri Apr 27 08:06:03 CDT 2012

From: "Chris Thompson" <xelaalex at cox.net>
Sent: Friday, April 27, 2012 2:23 PM
[...]
> We are supposedly scientists first and need to recognize that
> "conservation," is really a religious concept. That is, man has a
> responsible to "god," to maintain the world as "god" created the world.

***
There is no way that conservation is a religious concept.
In fact most religious people emphatically reject the need
for conservation. A religious person is all too likely to live
by the position "God has created the world and has given
it to us. When we are done using up this world, God will
just create a new world for us." Fortunately this is not
universally held; there are exceptions!

Conservation is a concept held by those who take a long
term view, who recognize / assume that there will be
future generations after us. Some of those people will
be religious, but it is certainly not a requirement.

Paul