[Taxacom] The rules and DNA

Luis Popa popaluis at antipa.ro
Fri Apr 27 16:21:12 CDT 2012

Perhaps the intention of Article 32.3
was to avoid descriptions highly subjective (aesthetic features, economic,
medicinal or culinary usage, etc).
A specific genetic makeup of an organism is an objective reality (of
course, leaving the technical limitations aside) and I think that in
principle it could be used to define an entity. I supose the resistance to
the acceptance of this kind of characters resides in these being available
only through indirect observation.
luis

Luis Popa, Ph.D.
Research Scientist
Head of Molecular Biology Department
"Grigore Antipa" National Museum of Natural History
Sos. Kiseleff No. 1
Bucharest  011341
ROMANIA
Tel: 004 021 312 88 26, 004021 312 88 63
Fax: 004 021 312 88 63
Mobile: 004 0742 239 212, 004 0757 096 442