[Taxacom] Type material of Carex leporina var. capitata

Peter B. Phillipson pphillipson at gmail.com
Fri Aug 17 07:23:14 CDT 2012

Jacob

JSTOR Plant Science http://plants.jstor.org/ aim to provide on-line scans of
types and other archival material (specimens and literature) that is held at
many partner institutions across the world. A quick search for Carex
leporine brought up various hits, but none obviously the type of var.
capitata - but it would be worth checking these out more carefully - some
may bear annotations by Sonder and may indeed be types. The Paris herbarium
is currently scanning its entire herbarium, types included, (pretty
impressive for arguably the biggest herbarium in the world!) - search here:
http://coldb.mnhn.fr/colweb/form.do?model=SONNERAT.wwwsonnerat.wwwsonnerat.w
wwsonnerat. The Paris types are mostly on JSTOR if they have been recognised
as such, but many may have not, and an examination of the labels of the
scans often reveals previously undetected type material.

Hope that helps.

Pete Phillipson