[Taxacom] Diversity of bacteria

brpatric at dwu.edu brpatric at dwu.edu
Tue Feb 7 12:23:58 CST 2012

Hi Hideaki et al.,

Thank you for the link!

I am a bit unclear-- does this cover only the Domain Bacteria, or does
it include Archaeobacteria?  The notes of section V seem to indicate
that both are included.  I am confused because in section V it says that
there is one kingdom (which, I assume, is Bacteria), but in the notes it
talks about the Domains (empires) Bacteria and Archaeobacteria, and
takes the number from just above and dissects it a bit to break apart
these two domains.

Clarification would be greatly appreciated!

Best regards, Brian

L. Brian Patrick, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor of Biology and Chair
Department of Biological Sciences
Dakota Wesleyan University
1200 W. University Ave.
Mitchell, SD  57301