[Taxacom] mycolic acids (was Three Domains)

Kenneth Kinman kennethkinman at webtv.net
Thu Feb 9 22:27:26 CST 2012

Hi Brian (Tindall),
       You mentioned mycolic acids arranged in the outer membrane of
some gram-positive bacteria, which might indicate that they are actually
diderms (rather than monoderms).

        However, thus far I could only find mention of mycolic acids in
their cell wall, not in an outer membrane which would be homologous with
the diderm outer membrane.  Or am I missing something here?  Need a
literature citation to verify that mycolic acids exist in a true outer
membrane.
            --------Thanks,
                                   Ken