[Taxacom] validation of taxon names [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

greg whitbread ghw at anbg.gov.au
Wed Feb 15 07:05:56 CST 2012

At the global level Rod, not yet ...
within the Australian context , for ALA-NSL, we have most of these
services working now at http://biodiversity.org.au/services :

2          Using Tony Rees taxamatch and lucene
            http://biodiversity.org.au/service/taxamatch?g=Doudia&s=aspira&fmt=html
            http://biodiversity.org.au/service/taxamatch?g=Doodia&s=aspora&fmt=json

3 &4     http://biodiversity.org.au/taxon/Donia speciosa

5.1       http://biodiversity.org.au/name/Swainson formosa

5.2       Soon, with the help of your good self and BHL ( c. 20% linkage )

1          Is not handled gracefully. We need more data - though now
providing full CoL search
            to catch extra-Australian taxa.

So it is possible.  We just need the support to keep it moving.

greg

Greg Whitbread
Australian National Botanic Gardens
Australian National Herbarium
+61 2 62509482
ghw at anbg.gov.au

"And therfore, at the kynges court, my brother,
Ech man for hymself, ther is noon oother."
The Knight's Tale, l. 1181-1182