[Taxacom] Please Read This...Michael Heads

Nadia Talent nadia.talent at utoronto.ca
Thu Feb 16 08:24:35 CST 2012

Yes indeed. Experience with a friend's account that was hit the same way suggests that Michael Heads's address book in his yahoo email account has probably been destroyed, so that he can't send out a warning message to all contacts. The loss of such a list can be a huge problem! Back up often!

This sort of thing may have nothing to do with using a Mac or Windows, but simply come from someone guessing a yahoo or hotmail email password (probably using software that repeatedly guesses passwords). Gmail has a second level of security that involves a special password sent to a cell phone, and that is recommended by some people.

Nadia