[Taxacom] Systema Dipterorum = closed down

Stephen Thorpe stephen_thorpe at yahoo.co.nz
Thu Feb 16 21:41:08 CST 2012

well, to be brutally unsympathetic (for the sake of argument), this indicates why it is not a good idea to have databases which are subject to individual's control, because such databases can be taken down at the whim of the controller, such as for political leverage if they are having problems with an institution (i.e bring me back, or I'll take it down!), or at the whim of an institution whose main focus lies elsewhere ... still, Chris, you can always move over to Wikispecies and resume your work right away ...

Stephen