[Taxacom] Slime mold nomenclature

David Patterson dpatterson at mbl.edu
Sun Feb 19 07:05:32 CST 2012

Both big codes have mechanisms to recognize taxa that have been named
in accordance with the other.  This is not an 'either/or' situation.
A taxonomist MAY chose to apply botanical nomenclature to slime
moulds, but they may chose to apply zoological nomenclature.  If
anything, the zoological perspective is now dominant, but you will
find slime moulds in the Index Fungorum. Having chosen a nomenclatural
stance, the taxonomist will still respect the taxa established under
the other code.

David Patterson