[Taxacom] Voting on nomenclatural matters (Botanical)

Jim Croft jim.croft at gmail.com
Sun Feb 19 19:47:01 CST 2012

As an exercise in democracy these meetings are quite impressive.
"Everyone gets a say, but the majority decides".

The first item of business was to decide how the meeting was to be run
- what constitutes a majority, when will a secret ballot invoked, what
constitues a super majority and when will that be required, yada yada
yada...

It all sounds all uber process-driven and boring, but it held me
captivated for an entire week... thinking about it after the event, it
was actually more interesting, engaging and satisfying than the
Congress itself... but I am the sort of guy that likes watching his
sausages get made... :)

jim