[Taxacom] variants of taxon author names

Peter DeVries pete.devries at gmail.com
Wed Feb 22 12:51:14 CST 2012

Hi Paul,

In addition to Rod's comments the identifier you point to has a copyright
notice on it which means I might need a lawyer to use it.

If these were exposed as URI's that exposed metadata, and were some more
openly licensed, I would be able to use them.

We could even have a mapping between the DBpedia URI for L.
http://dbpedia.org/resource/Carl_Linnaeus and an IPINI URI

perhaps something like http://www.ipni.org/authorid/12653

That way you could find information from both places easily.

- Pete

Email: pdevries at wisc.edu