[Taxacom] Vale Don Colless: 1922-2012

Robin Leech releech at telus.net
Thu Feb 23 18:17:48 CST 2012

Bob,
In addition to the message just sent out by Stephen Thorpe, try this.
Go to Google, and type in the "Tuz li munz est miens environ".
You will find several entries that give Don Colless some attention.

It appears to be two things: from the Full text of "The preposition a (as in
a la carte),
and,
Piesn of Rolandzie, La Chanson de Roland/Raoul Mortier.

Further down, you will find that the word order is reversed, and you can
read:

ENVIRUN liplus de vint milie humes...235 LI reis marseilie EST de guere
vencud..vos LI avez TUZ ses castel toluz...
Guenes.

My guess it is very old French, kinda like Chaucer is in English to us
today.

Robin