[Taxacom] Specimen image requests

Elspeth Haston E.Haston at rbge.ac.uk
Mon Jun 11 04:08:03 CDT 2012

Dear all

I'm wondering if any other institute is receiving e-mails requesting specimen images similar to the samples below from yahoo.com e-mail addresses. We are trying to find out if these are genuine requests or not, and it would be helpful to find out if any other institute has been dealing with these.

Here are some samples:

I need Eremostachys image of herbarium Royal Botanic Garden Edinburgh (E)<http://plants.jstor.org/search?st=6462>, but i could not give it. It would be much appreciated if you do a favor and send me as soon as possible.

I need Scutellaria image of herbarium Royal Botanic Garden Edinburgh (E)<http://plants.jstor.org/search?st=6462>, but i could not give it. It would be much appreciated if you do a favor and send me as soon as possible.

 I work on Scutellaria genus and i need type of Scutellaria of Royal Botanic Garden Edinburgh <http://plants.jstor.org/search?st=6462>  herbariom, but i could not give it. It would be much appreciated if you do a favor and send me as soon as possible.

I need to image of  " syntype of scutellaria orientalis L. subsp. Bornmulleri (Hausskn. ex Bornm.)
and i could not give it.
if it is in your herbarium send for me as soon as possible

Many thanks

Elspeth

Dr E M Haston
Deputy Herbarium Curator, The Royal Botanic Garden Edinburgh
Secretary of the Edinburgh Botanic Garden (Sibbald) Trust
20a Inverleith Row, Edinburgh  EH3 5LR
Tel: 00 44 (0)131 248 2816    Fax: 00 44 (0)131 248 2901
E-mail: e.haston at rbge.org.uk

--
The Royal Botanic Garden Edinburgh is a Charity registered in Scotland (No SC007983)