[Taxacom] pro-iBioshphere project Web Site launched

Jim Croft jim.croft at gmail.com
Tue Nov 6 16:54:09 CST 2012

We tried the argument, to my mind entirely valid, that in taxonomy,
the content _is_ the infrastructure of the science. Sadly, this did
not get much traction among decision-makes who understood boxes and
cables and programs.

jim

On Wed, Nov 7, 2012 at 1:31 AM, Mike Sadka <M.Sadka at nhm.ac.uk> wrote:
> Why do digitisation initiatives always produce this either/or argument vs content?
>
> Surely the content is useless wihtout a delivery method, and a delivery method pointless without content.
>
> And delivery has to be digital in the modern world - otherwise (a) fewer users can find or use it, and (b) it cannot be analysed easily or sufficiently.
>
> Cheerio, Mike

Jim Croft ~ jim.croft at gmail.com ~ +61-2-62509499 ~ http://about.me/jrc
'Without the freedom to criticize, there is no true praise.
- Pierre Beaumarchais
'Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to
pause and reflect.'
- Mark Twain
of doubtful sanity.'
 - Robert Frost