[Taxacom] All levels of organisation and manifestation should be acknowledged for the classificatory and evolutionary value that is inherent in them

David Patterson dpatterson at mbl.edu
Thu Nov 8 11:23:41 CST 2012

If 'many other do too', I'd be surprised.  Some, certainly. But the
majority see little value in preserving paraphyletic taxa.  But perhaps
some of the advocates for retention (nay, adoration) of paraphyly could
suggest some 'taxa' that they believe serve us better than holophyletic
taxa.

David Patterson