[Taxacom] All levels of organisation and manifestation should be acknowledged for the classificatory and evolutionary value that is inherent in them

Ken Kinman kinman at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 8 12:11:55 CST 2012

Hi David,        The higher level paraphyletic taxa are probably the most useful, since they have a very wide user pool.  (1)  Kingdom Prokaryota (or rank it as Empire or Domain, if you will).  (2) Kingdom Protista is a major example, since trying to get rid of that one has done nothing but create needless confusion.   (3) Phylum Bryophyta.  (4) Class Sarcopterygia.  (5) Class Amphibia.   (6) Order or Superorder Dinosauria, for the so-called "non-avian dinosaurs".