[Taxacom] Systematic Biology textbook

Tony.Rees at csiro.au Tony.Rees at csiro.au
Thu Nov 8 20:54:38 CST 2012

2 books on my shelf you may want to consider are:

Tudge, Colin: The Variety of Life. Oxford University press, 2000
http://books.google.com.au/books/about/The_Variety_of_Life.html?id=YW-2gnuU0L0C

and Lecointre & Le Guyader: The Tree of Life - a Phylogenetic Classification. Harvard University Press, 2006.
http://books.google.com.au/books/about/The_Tree_of_Life.html?id=S4LxB9MRdzMC

These are surveys of biodiversity as opposed to text books, but may be useful, especially since they have short-to medium length introductory sections (longer in Tudge i.e. the first 100 pages, nevertheless 46 pages in Lecointre & Le Guyader).

Cheers - Tony

Tony Rees
Manager, Divisional Data Centre,
CSIRO Marine and Atmospheric Research,