[Taxacom] cladistic analysis for morphological characters

John Grehan calabar.john at gmail.com
Sat Nov 10 09:08:21 CST 2012

In my opinion its ok to make a cladistic analysis for any number of
characters. It just depends where those characters are clustered within the
group analyzed as to the result. I suspect that unless the characters are
dispersed throughout the 44 species, there will be some clades that have
some measure of good support, others that do not, and others that whose
relationships are unresolved.

I'm a bit out of touch with all methods, but I recall UPGMA is a phenetic
method?

John Grehan