[Taxacom] FW: cladistic analysis for morphological characters -- UPGMA is not cladistics

Kirk Fitzhugh kfitzhugh at nhm.org
Wed Nov 14 14:41:20 CST 2012

Dick, your concern for the importance of causality in science is on the mark. John, I have no idea what you mean by trying to equate the concern for causality that pervades all sciences as equating the just 'telling stories.' Richard, your characterization of deduction does not conform with the rules for valid deduction; i.e. deduction is immaterial to the topic at hand, as I have pointed out numerous times in my publications.

Kirk