[Taxacom] Eocytes and Prokaryota (was: All levels of organisation and manifestation ...)

Ken Kinman kinman at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 14 14:46:43 CST 2012

Dear All,
      I was sent a weblink to a paper by Williams et al., 2012 (just published last month online in advance of the printed edition).  It not only supports the conclusions of Cox et al., 2008 (Archaebacteria as paraphyletic with respect to Eukaryota), but expands the data to include other members of the TACK supergroup.  I guess you could now call it the "TACK hypothesis", rather than the "eocyte hypothesis.  Anyway, here's the weblink:
http://rspb.royalsocietypublishing.org/content/279/1749/4870.full
                                      ----------Cheers,                                                           Ken