[Taxacom] pro-iBioshphere project Web Site launched

Paul Kirk p.kirk at cabi.org
Fri Nov 16 08:07:57 CST 2012

If links (via IDs) are what we need then we are going to need a heap load of 'same as' in some mahusive database. My experience of the last decade or so is that once one puts stuff on the web (e.g. IF) so that the content can be reused / aggregated / harvested (e.g. via open web services) everyone and his dog takes a copy and applies their local ID (e.g. CoL, GBIF, EoL, Genbank ...) and exposes it for, in this example, a text string representing a scientific name applied to a fungus ... which already has a persistent ID (from May 2005).

You all have a good weekend ... and reuse, don't reinvent ... :-)

Paul