[Taxacom] "what is a biological classsification?"

Ken Kinman kinman at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 20 21:33:46 CST 2012

Hi Stephen,
       Actually I think that "re-dating" of Clerck's paper goes all the way back to 1959, but is widely ignored.  Clerck's work was published in 1757.  Furthermore, Norman Platnick in his World Catalog of Spiders still dates those names as Clerck, 1757.  Having published papers on spiders myself, I still feel quite comfortable using 1757 as the date for that work.