[Taxacom] FW: ubiquist??

Fet, Victor fet at marshall.edu
Tue Oct 2 00:02:50 CDT 2012

I may offer, toward Stephen's original question, an observation that the paper in PLOS was written by Europeans, and at least one coauthor is a Russian.

In a long Russian ecological tradition, where I come from as well,.we normally use quaint foreign words -- such as UBIKVIST, MEZOFIL, KOSMOPOLIT, ENDEMIK, etc. as nouns.

Using the term without an English article ("as ubiquist") is a very common Russian error. (Russian language does not have articles.)

Not big deal, of course, but that is what editors are for.

Victor Fet