[Taxacom] ubiquist??

Richard Jensen rjensen at saintmarys.edu
Tue Oct 2 11:14:10 CDT 2012

IMHO, gt rd of unncssry lttrs n shrtn txt amap.  Thn all wll undstnd n
wll hav 1 lngage.   I'nt tht wht txtngs fr?

I recall Isaac Asimov once suggesting that the evolution of language, as
a consequence of wanting to use less space on computer storage drives
(remember the 96K floppy?), would be such as described above.
Grammatical conventions, spelling, etc. would go by the wayside because
of the limits imposed by physical storage media..

Fortunately, technology has provided almost unlimited space - we can
demand, and should expect no less than, proper punctuation, spelling,
usage, etc.

Dick J