[Taxacom] dinosaurs and wolves

Ken Kinman kinman at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 3 12:17:27 CDT 2012

Hi Wolfgang,
      I haven't seen the newest phylogeny (by Gauthier et al., 2012), but I assume that it further solidifies the general consensus that Pachyrhachis and relatives are macrostomatan snakes (not sister group to all snakes).  However, even that would not necessarily mean that they re-evolved legs.  Isn't there also a general consensus that it only indicates that snakes lost their legs numerous times (in different lineages)?