[Taxacom] Systematics Association Sir Julian Huxley Lecture, Wednesday October 10, 18.00, London, The Linnean Society

John Grehan calabar.john at gmail.com
Mon Oct 8 12:02:01 CDT 2012

Our reconstruction of the biogeographical history indicates an African
origin in the early Oligocene, with repeated dispersal across the southern
oceans from the middle Miocene.

What's the bet that the biogeographic history does not so much 'indicate'
such an origin as it is a reflection of the assumptions they build into the
biogeography in the first place?

John