[Taxacom] Best usage - spp (no period) or spp.?

Tony.Rees at csiro.au Tony.Rees at csiro.au
Mon Oct 8 21:43:23 CDT 2012

Dear Barry,

That's what I would have thought - any dissenters?

By the way a search of the ICZN site for "spp" (with or without period) only turns up a few results, none of them definitive, but seemingly consistent in using the full stop:

http://iczn.org/search/apachesolr_search/spp

And the BZN "Instructions to authors" has "pp." as the abbreviation for pages (with full stop), similarly "pls." for plates (though no "spp")...

http://iczn.org/content/instructions-authors

Regards - Tony