[Taxacom] Fw: Best usage - spp (no period) or spp.?

Stephen Thorpe stephen_thorpe at yahoo.co.nz
Mon Oct 8 22:42:27 CDT 2012

What's your point??

S :)

________________________________
From: Barry Roth <barry_roth at yahoo.com>
To: TAXACOM <taxacom at mailman.nhm.ku.edu>
Sent: Tuesday, 9 October 2012 4:36 PM
Subject: Re: [Taxacom] Fw: Best usage - spp (no period) or spp.?

I _was_ pleased to see that the Wikipedia entry, in addition to teaching me a lot of fine points, basically confirmed my seat-of-the-pants understanding; and also that, as editor, I hadn't led any of my author-client-colleagues down the wrong path.  At least not in this area.  Elsewhere, I have been accused of putting too fine a point on things.

Barry