[Taxacom] Best usage - spp (no period) or spp.?

Stephen Thorpe stephen_thorpe at yahoo.co.nz
Tue Oct 9 19:29:52 CDT 2012

we shall have to confer about cf.

sorry! :)

Stephen

________________________________
From: "Tony.Rees at csiro.au" <Tony.Rees at csiro.au>
To: sean.r.edwards at btinternet.com; taxacom at mailman.nhm.ku.edu
Sent: Wednesday, 10 October 2012 1:18 PM
Subject: Re: [Taxacom] Best usage - spp (no period) or spp.?

Thanks to all who responded on this interesting (?) thread. These responses have been summarised to the responsible CAAB editors who have agreed to standardise on "spp." for this purpose. The power of the taxacom list is thus once again demonstrated to all.

Still awaiting significant deliberations regarding a potential change from "cf" to "cf.", however...

Regards - Tony

Tony Rees
Manager, Divisional Data Centre,
CSIRO Marine and Atmospheric Research,