[Taxacom] Morphological molecular reconciliation again (was erecting or sinking higher taxa

John Grehan calabar.john at gmail.com
Sun Oct 14 11:25:23 CDT 2012

Richard's conclusion is only possible by saying that the morpogenetic
evidence is wrong (i.e. throwing it out). And I did mention in my response
an explanation for the molecular evidence being wrong in this case - that
the molecular evidence result has been negatively affected by the presence
of unrecognized plesiomorphies (due to the phenetic nature of character
state determination and analysis).

John Grehan