[Taxacom] Morphological molecular reconciliation again (was erecting or sinking higher taxa

Richard Zander Richard.Zander at mobot.org
Sun Oct 14 14:10:14 CDT 2012

Curtis has it right. That is my explanation that included, as total evidence, both apparently conflicting morphological and molecular patterns.

The point is to provide a process-based (macroevolution) scientific explanation, which may be refuted, applicable to both molecular and morphological cladograms. It may be wrong, but does explain the patterns.

Richard H. Zander
Missouri Botanical Garden
PO Box 299
St. Louis, MO 63166 U.S.A.