[Taxacom] e-publishing: a hint from the real world

Michael A. Ivie mivie at montana.edu
Thu Oct 18 15:19:14 CDT 2012

I've had a continuous subscription to Newsweek since I was 17, including
the international edition when I lived overseas. Donna just renewed it for
me last week!  The last couple years it has been a habit of loyalty, but I
am sad to see something that has been so much a part of my life for 40
years go away, it is like the death of a family member.

Like  Chris, I have a much loved library of original works [albeit tiny
compared to the Thompson Library], and I wonder who, if anyone, will want
them when I am done.  From my wheelchair, the BDL is must easier and
faster than the shelf search.  I do love the feel, heft and smell of those
old friends, but suspect they will be pulped, burned or land-filled
someday. [sigh]

Michael A. Ivie, Ph.D., F.R.E.S.
Montana Entomology Collection
Marsh Labs, Room 50