[Taxacom] e-publishing: a hint from the real world

Chris Thompson xelaalex at cox.net
Thu Oct 18 16:47:58 CDT 2012

Thanks, Mike,

I really appreciate that,

HOWEVER, I should add for the larger community, there is ONE minor feature
that the online (BHL) does not provide that those with old fashioned
"reprint" libraries have.

Authors are known to make mistakes, etc., but frequently when they
distributed "reprints" of their work to their colleagues, etc., they made
corrections! And for those who work and/or are associated with organization
like maintained "reprint" libraries, those old paper reprints frequently
have annotations on them as subsequent workers used them. And sometimes this
can provide useful information.

Yes, one can annotate digital publications, but as of yet there is not a
generally accepted system to allow for this.

BUT ... As Bob Dylan once sung, "... Times are a changing ..."

Sincerely,

Chris

from home