[Taxacom] Botanical (algal) families ending in -ataceae

Tony.Rees at csiro.au Tony.Rees at csiro.au
Sun Oct 21 19:09:20 CDT 2012

Jim- aha! Sounds very reasonable. So maybe the next edition of the Botanical Code could benefit from a worked example of this type, instead of 2 sets of examples not like this...

If you check the list below where I have found examples it does seem most of them are base on type genera ending in -nema, or -oma, Pleurosigmataceae being an exception (based on Pleurosigma) and also Pterospermataceae based on Pterosperma. But maybe these need chasing on a case by case basis, as well as possibly others not in that list.

Cheers - Tony