[Taxacom] Clarification of Code's Article. 13.1.2

Torbjørn Ekrem torbjorn.ekrem at ntnu.no
Mon Oct 22 02:59:00 CDT 2012

Dear all,

To avoid any more guessing of what Fittkau (1962) actually writes about A. americana I have attached p. 430 of his Tanypodinae revision to this message.

You will see that Fittkau argues that both "A. americana n. spec.  (= Pentaneura monilis, Johannsen 1905) and "A. moniliformis n. spec. (syn. Pentaneura monilis, Tokunaga 1937) are species separate from A. monilis and that they can be separated by their original descriptions.

I would think that this clearly makes both these names available?

Best wishes
Torbjørn

Dr. Torbjørn Ekrem
NTNU Vitenskapsmuseet
Seksjon for naturhistorie
7491 Trondheim

Museum of Natural History and Archaeology
NO-7491 Trondheim
Norway