[Taxacom] Bibliographic References

Stephen Thorpe stephen_thorpe at yahoo.co.nz
Mon Oct 22 16:22:54 CDT 2012

Neal,

Francisco's point appears to be this:

If I give a (re)description of what I (mis)identify as Aus bus, then, obviously, my description does not differentiate between the species I have before me and Aus bus. This is true to the point of "bleedin' obviousness", but is quite irrelevant! If you then come along and name a new species Aus cus, giving my description as a bibliographic reference, then *you* are using *my* description to differentiate my species (Aus cus) from Aus bus...

Stephen