[Taxacom] Land plant taxon has been renamed

Ken Kinman kinman at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 22 20:01:27 CDT 2012

Dear All,
        Last month we had a discussion here about whether Class Equisetopsida was an appropriate name for the land plant taxon. Well, this month a more appropriate name was proposed (Class Embryopsida).   I certainly agree that Embryopsida is a lot better name, and I recommend that it be used by those who want to give land plants the rank of Class.  But I still prefer to rank it as Kingdom or Subkingdom, as Embryophyta or Metaphyta, and those same names could be at Phylum level as well.   Anyway, here is a link to the abstract of that recent publication:
http://www.ingentaconnect.com/content/iapt/tax/2012/00000061/00000005/art00014