[Taxacom] Land plant taxon has been renamed

Jim Croft jim.croft at gmail.com
Tue Oct 23 20:38:07 CDT 2012

You can't convince me... I _know_ a plantain is a banana. The code
_must_ be ammended to reflect this universal truth...

jim

On Wed, Oct 24, 2012 at 12:30 PM, Curtis Clark <lists at curtisclark.org> wrote:
> On 2012-10-23 2:12 AM, John McNeill wrote:
>> as in the need to use the family name Plantaginaceae  evocative of the temperate weedy plantains for Veronica and other former members of the Scrophulariaceae
>
> Veronica and Penstemon are just pretty plantains. :-)
>
> --
> Curtis Clark        http://www.csupomona.edu/~jcclark
> Biological Sciences                   +1 909 869 4140
> Cal Poly Pomona, Pomona CA 91768

Jim Croft ~ jim.croft at gmail.com ~ +61-2-62509499 ~ http://about.me/jrc
'Without the freedom to criticize, there is no true praise.
- Pierre Beaumarchais
'Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to
pause and reflect.'
- Mark Twain
of doubtful sanity.'
 - Robert Frost