[Taxacom] Land plant taxon has been renamed

Jim Croft jim.croft at gmail.com
Wed Oct 24 04:57:25 CDT 2012

I was going to ask, does anybody know how we ended up with the same
name for two groups of plants that could hardly be more dissimilar in
morphology or evolutionary origin? This is probably more a linguistic
than a taxonomic question, but the answer could be really handy for
trivia nights or livening up boring dinner parties...

jim